which also apply to your use of our Site:
- Our Acceptable Use Policy, which sets out the permitted uses and prohibited uses of our Site. When using our Site, you must comply with this Acceptable Use Policy.
- www.retrofit.support is a site operated by Red Co-operative Limited ("We"). We are a limited company registered in England and Wales under company number: 09069834 and have our registered office at 3 Corkland Road, Manchester, M21 8UP. Our main trading address is 3 Corkland Road, Manchester M21 8UP. Our VAT number is 1875 994 34.
reliance on information
to clause 4.2 the Site and content (including user generated
content) and services available on the Site are provided on an ‘as
To the fullest extent permissible under applicable law and subject
to paragraph 13.1,
we disclaim any and all promises, warranties, conditions, or
representations relating to the Site and its content (including
user generated content), whether express, implied, oral or written.
- We do not make any promises as to the truth, accuracy, integrity, quality or completeness of the content or information that appears on the Site and you should not rely on it being accurate, truthful or complete. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely. You must obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of the content on our Site.
- We are not responsible for verifying the ownership of any content posted or uploaded onto the Site.
- Any posting of comments or information on the Site is the opinion of the person posting only and in no way reflects our opinions or attitudes, nor constitutes any form of recommendation, representation, endorsement or arrangement by us. To be clear, each user acts on his/her own behalf at all times and does not act as our representative or agent in any way.
- You agree that your access and use of the Site and its content is at your own risk. We do not have any knowledge of, or control over, the particular purpose(s) for which the information and content available on the Site is used. The content and information that we make available on the Site is provided for information only. Accordingly, we exclude any and all liability for any loss of any nature suffered by you as a direct or indirect result of your use of any of the information or content available on the Site or of making any decision, or refraining from making any such decision, based wholly or partly on any expression of opinion, statement or other information contained in the content available on the Site.
using the Site you acknowledge and accept the inherent risks,
characteristics and limitations of the internet, particularly in
to view, verify or transfer information; and the risks inherent in
all third party links, connections and transfers via the internet.
- We do not make any promises about the availability or accessibility of the Site or promise that your access to the Site, the content on it or the services we provide will be delivered uninterrupted, timely or error-free;
- We are not responsible for any data or information uploaded by any users or visitors including any content posted, uploaded or published on the Site. It is your responsibility to make backup copies of any of the content you post, upload or publish on the Site and we strongly recommend that you do so;
- Whilst we hope that you will find the websites linked to on the Site of interest, no responsibility of any nature whatsoever is accepted for any such links or any information contained in them.
- Where content (including know-how) on our Site is submitted by third party suppliers or industry bodies (“the Contributors”) and is clearly identified as being content uploaded by such Contributors (“Contributor Content”) then such content may be relied upon to the extent expressly stated in the directions for the use of the Contributor Content provided that any such directions are followed strictly.
- Subject to clause 4.2 the Site and content (including user generated content) and services available on the Site are provided on an ‘as is’ basis. To the fullest extent permissible under applicable law and subject to paragraph 13.1, we disclaim any and all promises, warranties, conditions, or representations relating to the Site and its content (including user generated content), whether express, implied, oral or written. In particular:
to our site
- The content on our Site is largely user generated and we are not responsible for such content. In respect of any content that we upload, we may update our Site from time to time, and may change the content at any time. However, please note that any of the content on our site (whether posted by us or by users) may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update it.
- Our Site is currently made available free of charge.
- Anyone can access this Site. However, if you want to contribute content you will need to sign up and create an account. For that purpose, you must be 18 years of age or older [and resident within the European Union]. To create an account, please go to the account registration page.
- You must make sure that all the information you provide when you register with the Site is true, accurate and current and complete.
- If you change any of your registration details (e.g. email address, postal address), you must update your account.
- Our Site is provided on an ‘as is’ basis. We do not guarantee that our Site, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. Access to our Site is permitted on a temporary basis. We may suspend, withdraw, discontinue or change all or any part of our Site without notice. We will not be liable to you if for any reason our site is unavailable at any time or for any period.
account and password
- If you choose, or you are provided with, a user identification code, password or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential. You must not disclose it to any third party.
- To help us maintain the security of the Site, you must keep your registration details confidential. If you become aware of any misuse or unauthorised use of your registration details, then you must inform us immediately by sending us an email at http://retrofit.support/contact.
- The Site is a forum aimed to encourage users to access material and share their comments in respect of building retrofit techniques and projects they have worked on (“the Forum”). The Forum is intended to increase the competency of detailing of building retrofit, to stimulate innovation in this area of constructions and to create a conduit to increase the breadth and depth of its dissemination. The Forum will aim to enable users to find detailed solutions to their questions by reviewing feedback from others and information posted by others on where the components of these solutions can be found and where they have been used before.
- Users can take part in the Forum by adding details, uploading photographs of details in use and discussing retrofit issues. Users can also share activities on the Site with other registered users of the Site.
- The Rules of use of the Forum are set out in the Content Policy.
- Any information, material and content which you and others post, contribute or otherwise submit to the Site is generally known as ‘user generated content’ or ‘UGC’. The rules for contributing content to the Site / the Forum are set out in the Content Policy.
- The terms upon which you agree that we and others may use your UGC and the terms upon which you may use their UGC are set out in the Content Policy.
- We make every effort to prevent unlawful or otherwise inappropriate material from appearing on the Site by removing such material before it appears on the Site. However, we cannot guarantee that all such material will be removed from every post and upload. In particular, we have no control over, and are not responsible for, the truth or accuracy of any UGC and we are not responsible for verifying the ownership of any UGC posted or uploaded onto the Site.
- Please note that any information posted via the functionality available on the Site is the opinion of the person posting or sending only, and does not necessarily reflect our opinions or attitudes. Although we have rules for the posting and uploading of UGC, our interactive features may be misused or sometimes, misleading, deceptive or indeed completely wrong. You should not rely, therefore, on the information being accurate and complete and we refer you to clause 4.1 above. Save in respect of the third party supplier content which may be relied upon subject to the limitations set out in clause 4.2 you accept that if you do rely on the information posted or uploaded; you do so entirely at your own risk.
- Each user acts on his/her own behalf at all times and does not act as our representative or agent in any way. We do not endorse nor are we responsible for any of the actions of any user of the Site.
- We monitor the UGC on the Site, but please inform us if you spot any abusive content or inappropriate behaviour.
reserve the right (but we are not obliged) to do any or all of the
following for all users of any age:
- record the UGC (including any communications) posted or uploaded via the Site or the Forum.
- monitor, moderate or disclose any UGC;
- temporarily suspend or permanently terminate your access to the Site for any reason (including for repeat copyright infringement) and at our sole discretion. The length of temporary suspensions may vary depending on the reasons for the suspension. If we suspend or terminate your access under account, and you try to access the Site via another account, we may suspend or terminate your access to that other account, too.
- If you disagree with a decision made by us, please contact us at http://retrofit.support/contact in the first instance. You must not use the Forum facilities on the Site to discuss, dispute or argue about any decision we make.
- Any decision we make to remove or request the removal of any UGC or to terminate or suspend the account of any individual shall be final and binding. The termination or suspension of an account shall apply to any and all user accounts that may have been used by that individual, whether or not opened by that individual.
- All of the content on the Site, (including but not limited to text, images, brand names and logos) is owned by us or our licensors (i.e the users who have posted such content) and is protected by UK and international copyright and other intellectual property laws.
- The Site allows you to edit the UGC in accordance with the Content Policy. In such event you must make clear the modifications you have made.
- Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of content on our Site must always be acknowledged.
- All intellectual property rights in the content contributed by you to the Site will be licensed for use by us and the visitors to this Site in accordance with paragraph 4 of our Content Policy.
of our liability
are certain liabilities which we cannot exclude by law and nothing
- for death or personal injury caused by our negligence, fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; or
- any other matter for which it would be illegal or unlawful for us to exclude or attempt to exclude its liability.
will not be liable to any user for any loss or damage, whether in
contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or
otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection
- use of, or inability to use, our Site; or
- use of or reliance on any content displayed on our Site.
you are a business user, please note that in particular, we will
not be liable for:
- loss of profits, sales, business, or revenue;
- business interruption;
- loss of anticipated savings;
- loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation; or
- any indirect or consequential loss or damage.
- We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a virus, distributed denial-of-service attack, or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our Site or to your downloading of any content on it, or on any website linked to it.
- We assume no responsibility for the content of websites linked on our Site. Such links should not be interpreted as endorsement by us of those linked websites. We will not be liable for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
clause 13, different limitations and exclusions of liability will
apply to liability arising as a result of:
content to our site
- Whenever you make use of a feature that allows you to upload content to our Site, or to make contact with other users of our Site, you must comply with our Content Policy and Acceptable Use Policy.
- You warrant that any such contribution complies with those standards, and you will be liable to us and you will indemnify us for any breach of that warranty. If you are a consumer, this means you will be responsible for any loss or damage we suffer as a result of your breach of warranty.
- Any content you upload to our site will be considered non-confidential. You retain all of your ownership rights in your content, but you are required to grant us and other users of the Site a licence to use, store and copy that content and to distribute and make it available to third parties as detailed in the Content Policy.
- We also have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any content posted or uploaded by you to our site constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or of their right to privacy.
- We will not be responsible, or liable to any third party, for the content or accuracy of any content posted by you or any other user of our Site.
- We have the right to remove any posting you make on our Site if, in our opinion, your post does not comply with the content standards set out in our Content Policy or Acceptable Use Policy.
- The views expressed by other users on our Site do not represent our views or values.
- We do not guarantee that our Site will be secure or free from bugs or viruses.
- You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform in order to access our Site. You should use your own virus protection software.
- You must not misuse our Site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our Site, the server on which our Site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our Site. You must not attack our Site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our Site will cease immediately.
to our site
- You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it. You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
- You must not establish a link to our Site in any website that is not owned by you.
- Our Site must not be framed on any other site, nor may you create a link to any part of our Site other than the home page.
- We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
- The website in which you are linking must comply in all respects with the content standards set out in our Content Policy and Acceptable Use Policy.
party links and resources in our site
- Where our Site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only.
- We do not review these third-party websites nor have any control over them, and we are not responsible for the websites or their content or availability. We do not therefore endorse, or make any representations about them, or any content found there, or any results that may be obtained from using them.
- If you decide to access any of these third-party websites, you do so entirely at your own risk.
- You acknowledge that you may need to download and activate certain software in order to use certain content provided and sold on the Site. This software will be clearly identified on the Site.
- We respect the intellectual property rights of others, and we prohibit users of the Site from submitting, uploading, posting or otherwise transmitting any materials that infringe or violate another person’s intellectual property rights.
- It is our policy to comply with clear notices of alleged copyright infringement. If you wish to submit a notice of alleged copyright infringement or a counter-notice, please contact us using the details provided in paragraph 21.
- Additionally, it is our policy to terminate usage rights and any applicable user accounts of users we determine to be infringers of the copyright belonging to other individuals or organisations. Please see paragraph 7.5 for further details.
- Content hosted on third-party websites accessible from this Site is the responsibility of those websites, and not our responsibility. If you are the copyright owner of content hosted on a third-party website, and you have not authorised the use of your content, please contact the administrator of the hosting website directly to have the content removed.
complaints and requests for further information
- If you have any general complaints or wish to request further information about the Site, please contact us via email at http://retrofit.support/contact or by post to 3 Corkland Road, Manchester M21 8UP and we will do our best to resolve these.
- Applicable laws require that some of the information or communications we send to you should be in writing. When using the Site, you accept that communication with us will be mainly electronic. We will contact you by email or provide you with information by posting notices on the Site. For contractual purposes, you agree to this electronic means of communication and you acknowledge that all contracts, notices, information and other communications that we provide to you electronically comply with any legal requirement that such communications be in writing. This condition does not affect your statutory rights.